Friday, October 4, 2013

Review: Crazy Beautiful Love


Crazy Beautiful Love by J.S. Cooper

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Logan despises the town of River Valley and its residents who only know Logan as the town's bad boy car thief, but Maddie wants to know more about the gorgeous boy she's been infatuated with since she was in high school.

Maddie Wright shows up at the pier to "accidentally" bump into Logan Martelli. In a moment of recklessness decides to steal a cop car. I mean, what better way to catch the attention of the town car thief? And man does he notice! When he picks her up in a stolen car just moments later he realizes this beautiful girl may also be a little crazy. She's forward, confident and brazen and Logan is more than intrigued. More importantly is that Maddie doesn't seem to judge him by his reputation or career path.
Are you crazy? I just told you I stole this car, and you want to stay in here with me?”
“Why wouldn’t I? I just told you I tried to steal a cop car.”
“But that’s different.” I started the engine and sighed. “You did it for fun.”
“This is your career?” She sounded surprised.
“Yes,” I bit out, and pulled away from the curb. “This is my career.”
“Well, no wonder you’re better than me at stealing cars.”
“Where do you live?” I studied the road ahead of me. I didn’t understand this girl. Why didn’t she have more common sense?
This is not the normal response Logan gets from people obviously and she continues to baffle him, but in a good way. People know he's trouble and now he's pretty sure she's trouble too.

CRAZY BEAUTIFUL LOVE is well written from both Logan and Maddie's point of views. Maddie continued to surprise me in her efforts to wear Logan down. She's a privileged girl, but she's tough and it’s a perfect compliment to Logan. Logan is definitely hot. The bad boy thing is sexy, but you do see more to him quickly, which is very endearing. I loved the chemistry between these two characters. You can feel the heat pouring off the pages and the banter brings more to their relationship. I really found it intriguing how J.S. Cooper wove the characters and their pasts together. It was beautifully complicated and really added to the story instead of distracting from it. There are also many secondary characters who really make the story more interesting. The only part I found weird was some of Logan's dialogue that just didn't seem to fit the character. It felt like it came out of left field and it wasn't really him speaking.

CRAZY BEAUTIFUL LOVE is an entertaining and enjoyable read. I love a heroine who is strong and fights for what she wants and Maddie delivers. This is book one about the Martelli Brothers. Can't wait to see what happens with Jared and Vincent in the next installment featuring these hottie bad boys.


✳✳ Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.

 ✳✳ Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews by Tickled Pink by Book Ink



BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment