Sunday, August 25, 2013

Review: Steal My Heart


Steal My Heart
Steal My Heart by Lisa Eugene

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



What happens when you combine a dirty old hobo and an obsessive-compulsive clean freak? Pure Magic!

STEAL MY HEART is a winner! Author Lisa Eugene combines a bit of humor with a healthy dose of steam and ends up with this romantic treasure. I love it when the most unlikely characters turn out to be a match made in heaven.

Nurse Maggie Lawson is truly fanatical about cleanliness; in fact, I would say it pretty much runs her life. The inner dialogue Maggie has with herself is hysterical; she’s a total nut and I loved her for it! A prime example of her nuttiness upon her recollection of an adventure she had with her BFF, David, to the “grocery store of genital goodies” also known as a sex shop:

He’d teased her mercilessly because of the wig and dark glasses she’d insisted on wearing, and repeatedly assured her that she looked like the only weirdo pervert in the store, especially after she’d spent a great deal of time questioning the manager about the most efficacious ways of cleaning and sterilizing the device she’d reluctantly purchased. After being referred to the manufacturer, she’d finally gotten some answers, and had even made suggestions that he assured her would be added as an insert with the product. She’d been thrilled to offer her expertise on infection control.

When Ex-Navy SEAL, Gabe Masters stumbles into Maggie’s life dressed like a dirty old hobo, she had no idea her boring old life would never be the same - *thank God!* Gabe is all rugged and hot, bossy male, I mean, come on! He’s an Ex-Navy SEAL *RAWR* Enough said! Although they are both intent on denying their mutual attraction, I knew it was only a matter of time. Maggie and Gabe have unbelievable chemistry… I just knew they were going to get it on like a house on fire once they dropped the pretense of disinterest. At first, I felt a little bit sorry for her when her prefect and pristine little world began to crumble like confetti around her – but WAIT! Confetti is fun! Being dirty is fun! Gabe and his dirty boy ways are exactly what Maggie needs in order to learn how fun being dirty can be and I can't think of a better way to illustrate that than with one of my favorite scenes:

“Hmmm…no shower?” He frowned sternly, acting appalled. But his lips twitched with amusement.
“Gabe, please, no teasing…” Her hips started to rock against the finger that dipped into her, and she groaned at the feel of his stiff shaft against her hip.
“But Maggie, we’re so sweaty and…dirty.”
She wanted to kill him…maybe after. “Gabe!”
“Is it okay if we’re dirty, Maggie?”
A wicked smile played on his lips, and Maggie had the feeling he wasn’t speaking literally. Oh shit! Her nipples pebbled hard and her hips bucked.
“Well?”
Her brain was malfunctioning. “What?”
“You want it dirty?” He swirled his finger inside her.
All she could manage was a weak nod.
“Say it.”
“Oh God...Gabe.” She could barely get her tongue to work with what he was doing to her.
“I want to hear you say it.”
“Gabe…”
“You don’t get it if you don’t say it.” He brushed his wet tongue up her neck, inciting a riot inside her.
“I…I want it di…dirty.”

STEAL MY HEART was such a sexy and fun read, filled with quirky humor and laced with a little mystery - an excellent combo in my opinion. This is the second book I have read by author Lisa Eugene and I haven't been disappointed thus far. You can bet I will be stalking her shelf to see what she has in store for the future!



✳✳ Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.

✳✳ Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

___________________________________________________
If you like this type of book, you might enjoy one of these groups. Check us out!

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group


View all my reviews

BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment