Sunday, August 25, 2013

Review: Consequences

(Updated Review)



Consequences by Aleatha Romig

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


STOP THE MADNESS!!! 

I get giddy just thinking about the level of excitement and frustration I felt when I first read CONSEQUENCES.  I was a little crazed by the "not knowing" what was going to happen next, but that is half the fun, right?  I struggled with wanting to strangle and hug Aleatha Romig for creating a story that elicited such powerful emotions in me.  I was one of the first people to review this book on Goodreads and according to the author, Aleatha Romig, I was the first blogger to ever post a review - WOW!  I have got to say, she writes a damn good story!

If you have not read CONSEQUENCES, then congratulations!  You have the pleasure of looking forward to beginning this insane roller coaster of a trilogy.  I am jealous!  You have a whole boat load of mystery, intrigue and sexy thrills ahead of you.  LUCKY YOU!  You don't have to wait for the second installment, because it is already out and the third and final book in the trilogy is due out somewhere in the September-ish (2013) time frame...

First of all, I feel the need to disclose that CONSEQUENCES is not a fun and fluffy book – entertaining, mysterious, scary and frustrating – yes, yes, yes and yes! NOT a story of goodness and light. Of-course, parts of the book are fun and sexy, but there is always a sinister undertone lurking in the background.

Brutalized and kidnapped by a handsome and wealthy psycho, Claire struggles with a wide range of emotions over a period of 2 years while being held captive - trapped in beautifully exquisite surroundings but a horrifically terrifying life.

As the book’s blurb says, it really does “unfold like a movie.” In fact, SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY came to mind a lot. Reading CONSEQUENCES was like being on an emotional rollercoaster and I am still reeling. I was constantly conflicted. The emotional and physical abuse Claire endured was painful to read – I was screaming at her to get a freaking grip and get the hell out! Then, at other times, I was really rooting for Anthony and Claire to make it as a couple. As I was reading, I tried to distance myself from the contents on the pages, but ultimately, the bold imagery forced me to internalize the emotion of the abused heroine – this must be similar to the feelings abused women go through. The emotions of despair and anxiety at having to constantly walk on eggshells in fear of upsetting the sensitive balance between loving elation and angry outbursts. It was exhausting.

I love it when the author throws the reader a curve ball and that is exactly what Aleatha Romig does in CONSEQUENCES. I was certain I knew what was going to happen then she totally yanked the rug right out from under me, knocking me on my ass and leaving me totally stunned.

Just as I teetered on the narrow ledge between sanity and insanity, I was saved by the release of the second book in the Consequences Trilogy.  Trust me when I say Aleatha really knows how to keep her readers on their toes!

Looking for a psychological thriller? Then you have found it! It’s a good one! CONSEQUENCES is definitely a book you have to read. I hope it evokes the same crazy emotions in you that it did in me and I hope you love it as much as I did!


BUY IT NOW! - Amazon



View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment