Thursday, May 9, 2013

Review: Shatter Me

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I can't believe this is the author's first book, ever. I thought it was incredible - especially for a first in a series which oftentimes spends too much time describing the world and not enough just living in it. In Shatter Me, the reader is somewhat in the dark at the beginning b/c the author spends little time describing and instead just lets us find out what is going on as the book progresses. I loved that - no wasted time, no wanting to turn the pages to find out when I get to the meat of the story... In fact, I spent the last 1/5 of the book saying, I hope this is a series, I hope there's more - I don't want this story to end!

Juliette has lived a life void of touch, void of love and Adam is everything she's never had - thrust into her cell with no explanation. Then there's Warner, evil leader and desperate to have her. I lived in fear of what I'd read as Juliette interacted with Warner, b/c as much as Juliette wants to hate him, she just doesn't seem to - and his one weakness is Juliette - which makes him only 95% villain since he has a soft spot for the heroine... And Adam is so perfect and amazing that I don't want to hear that the bad guy has a good side - I just DON'T!!!! Of course this just means I will be on pins and needles until the novella comes out in October and the second in the series after that - I'm ready NOW!

View all my reviews

BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment