Thursday, May 9, 2013

Review: Divergent

Divergent by Veronica Roth
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved everything about Divergent. I said this recently about another book/author but I REALLY can't believe this was the author's first book - how do you come up with such perfection right from the start?

I loved the main character Beatrice (Tris) and could completely identify with her character. Even in the traits where I am nothing like her, I could still understand why she felt the way she did and embrace it because of the way it was written. Tris had a confidence in herself even before she knew what her strengths were and I loved that she was legitimately strong in her own right.

I loved the world that was created and how much it made me think - more so than normal dystopian novels I found myself questioning what would happen if our government as we knew it were to change, if the freedom I rely on as a given were to be taken away...

I LOVED Four and everything about him - the way he acted around Tris, the subtle descriptions that made me fall in love with him right from the start... I wanted to run out and get a tattoo while reading this book even though personality-wise I never would have chosen Dauntless (nor would I have had any chance of making it through their initiation) ;)

I cringed and cried and felt every step of Tris' journey and couldn't wait even a day before starting Insurgent.

View all my reviews

BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment