Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Review: Walking Disaster

Walking Disaster (Beautiful, #2)Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Immerse yourself in the all-encompassing love affair that is Travis and Abby when you read Travis' point of view in WALKING DISASTER.

Jamie McGuire starts the story with Travis as a little boy and it gives so much depth to who he is as a person and why he's become the man he is today. And since Travis really is the one who falls dangerously, crazily in love right from the start - it is amazing to get inside his head and see how and why he feels the way he does.

I debated heavily over whether to re-read Beautiful Disaster again before reading Walking Disaster and I have to say, I'm kind of glad I didn't. It made certain parts more magical because though the story stands out strongly in my head, I didn't remember every detail and so hearing it from Travis point of view left some of the excitement and mystery for me as if I was hearing the story for the first time. Also, Jamie McGuire does such a fantastic job of developing the story from Travis' point of view that you really do get to experience it all over again. She spent just as much time fleshing out the secondary characters that were a big part of Travis' life and it really added to the story as a whole. I could definitely see myself enjoying spin-offs with each of the other Maddox brothers! Another really great part of WALKING DISASTER was that certain parts that Abby breezed through, Travis expanded and vice versa. And while I have no intention of revealing how the story ended, it was fantastic. Something new, cool, and completely unexpected - but that still leaves the same happy, giddy feeling about where Travis and Abby are at in their relationship.

This was 4.5 stars for me and an excellent addition for all those BEAUTIFUL DISASTER fanatics out there (myself included) who just can't get enough!

**Reviewed by preppea on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

View all my reviews

BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment