Monday, April 29, 2013

Review: Once an Heiress


Once an Heiress by Elizabeth Boyce
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

ONCE AN HEIRESS combines everything readers love about historical romance with a twisting, suspenseful story that will have you on the edge of your seat hoping Lily and Ethan can find a way to be together.

I'm not going to lie – my first introduction to Ethan Helling had me wondering if I'd misunderstood the summary. This is the guy I'm supposed to fall in love with? Really? Because he sounds every bit the rake I've been warned about. Not only is he buried in gambling debt, but his lust for a friend's mistress has him agreeing to woo a girl with a large dowry just so he can turn around and take the mistress for himself. I really can't imagine a worse kind of guy: to marry one woman just so you can use her dowry money to purchase another woman you intend to have on the side.

Intelligent and opinionated Lily knew she had to weed through the fortune hunters to find a husband she can respect, but who could anticipate a guy like Ethan? Especially since she's grown up with a father who has treated her like an heir and an equal instead of a bargaining tool in the effort to gain a title.

Fast-forward a few chapters and we get to see not only what hardships in his adolescence have made Ethan the man he has become, but a heart that promises it is more than redeemable. But add a secret obligation, a forced wedding, and collectors demanding their money and Lily and Ethan have a lot to overcome before they can truly trust and love each other.

I loved every second of ONCE AN HEIRESS – it had the intrigue I love about historical romance combined with an excellent storyline that kept me on my toes. I fell completely in love with Lily and Ethan and can't wait for Naomi to get her own story that I'm positive will be filled with its own share of romance and turmoil!

**Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.

**Reviewed by preppea on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews and The Romance Reviews.

The Romance Review

View all my reviews

BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment