Monday, April 29, 2013

Review: Dark Lover

Dark Lover by J.R. Ward
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I would rate Dark Lover between 4.25-4.5 stars. For the first book in a series, this was a good start. I didn't feel inundated with facts and information and thought that the author did a great job of introducing the concepts and characters in a way that flowed with the story. The book continuously switches point of view between several main characters which I thought worked great for telling the story, even if I hated every time it was Mr. X's turn. But I really don't think there was any way around that, and it definitely added to the action so I'll forgive having to endure being thrust into the bad guy's head.

I loved how Wrath was with Beth. I also liked that Beth had a quality that most lead women in paranormal romance books don't seem to have; she knew when to listen to Wrath and when to stand up to him and she didn't spend half the book fighting him for the wrong stuff and then have him need to rush in to save her. Not to say he never needs to rescue her, just not when it's due to sheer stubbornness, pride, doubt and/or stupidity ;)

My favorite part of the book was what the author did with Butch. I thought that was perfect because I'd already been worrying early on about what would happen to him. I'm excited to see him again in future books. I'm excited to read about all the brothers, though I'm really curious about how the author holds off on the romantic interest of the two involved in book 4 since they're already into each other in the first book, but I'll just wait and see :)

View all my reviews

BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment