Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Review: Prey (Shifters #4)


Prey
Prey by Rachel Vincent

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



There was so much action-mystery-tension-adventure in this book...I was on edge roughly every other page. When I started this series, I was so torn between Jace and Marc. In the beginning, I was totally loving Jace as Faythe's potential mate. I loved his fun loving personality and the picture I have of him in my mind is totally yummy. Then, I liked Marc too--total Alpha material and I knew that for the future of the Pride, Faythe would have to choose a strong mate and that mate would be Marc over Jace based solely on dominance. Although my love for Jace never faded, I just didn't think he had it in him to stand up to and beside Faythe, therefore, I couldn't see love in their future. She needs a very strong male as her mate. As soon as Ethan died, I knew that would be the turning point for Jace and that he would become a frontrunner for Faythe's heart. I think he is showing more Alpha-like qualities and she is seeing that too. Having Marc back at the ranch will throw a monkey wrench in their budding romance, but will make things very interesting for sure. I am so torn between the two, but right now, I am rooting for Jace.

As far as the plethora of other scenarios that continue to unfold...I am hooked! So many questions left unanswered. I can't wait until March for the next book.

Oh and I have to say Daniel Painter--what a total disappointment. I was really rooting for the guy. Argh!! and Calvin Malone... What. A. Bastard. I really hate the guy. Then, the declawing of Manx was a complete shocker. Finally, I am super pumped that Angela is preggo--what a great thing that the Sanders will have a little living piece of Ethan. What a great ending to a great book!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment