Sunday, July 14, 2013

Review: Taming Wilde

Taming Wilde by Rachel Van Dyken
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

TAMING WILDE provides a fresh, fun, and light approach to historical romance.

Sir Colin Wilde is determined to become a rake when his attempt at winning a woman's heart ends in heartbreak. Lady Gemma vows to seduce a rake when she is kept from the man she loves by her overbearing brother. And so the games begin.

I really enjoyed the characters in this story. Colin's two best friends are ridiculous and hilarious and in teaching Colin how to be a rake basically do everything in their power to embarrass him miserably and get him in a lot of sticky situations. Gemma is spirited and determined and knows just who to ask for help when she's set her mind on taming her rake.

As much as I enjoyed this fun tale, I have to admit I'd have liked it a lot more if I could visualize it. It's hard to describe that intangible thing an author does when they write a story that comes to life for the reader, but that's what I was missing here. I almost grasped it about ¾ of the way in, but the story never reached full color for me. At the same time I think the story was so creative and the characters had so much personality that I see a lot of promise for future books from these authors. I especially think it's a refreshing approach to a genre I love.

**Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.

**Reviewed by preppea on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews and The Romance Reviews.

The Romance Review

View all my reviews


BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment