Friday, September 14, 2012

Review: If I Were You


If I Were You
If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS 20-FREAKING-13??? THAT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!

If you are my friend it is a prerequisite that you tell me when there is a cliffhanger – I mean a real cliffhanger with no closure and I have to wait 5 flipping months to find out what the heck happens next! GAH!

Okay, now that I have my tantrum out of the way I can honestly say IF I WERE YOU was amazing – yes, AMAZING! For all of you who may be avoiding this book because of the FIFTY SHADES OF GREY reference in the book's description, just get that out of your head right now because there really are very few similarities. Well, yes, there is a heroine who is innocent to the world of BDSM and is intrigued by the thought of it. Yes, there is a hot hero who is wealthy and has a big secret, but that’s where I think it ends. Lovers of “FIFTY” will love it and the critics of “FIFTY” who love romantic suspense with BDSM undertones will love it.

Meet the mysterious cast of characters:

Rebecca Mason is the missing gallery salesperson and author of the erotic journal that initially intrigues Sara about the world of BDSM.

Sara McMillan is high school teacher by trade who is also somewhat of an art expert finds herself in “Wonderland” also known as the Allure Art Gallery in a quest to uncover answers to the perplexing disappearance of the journal’s owner, Rebecca. In a fantastic twist of fate, Sara acquires a job at the prestigious gallery, affording her the opportunity to get to know more about Rebecca and her life. As the story unfolds, Sara becomes cognizant of the fact that nothing is as it appears. It seems that everyone she encounters who knew Rebecca adds another level of complexity to her new life and further complicates what was started as a simple inquisition has now turned into something else all together.

Mark Compton, sexy gallery owner and über dominant…don’t worry, I’m not giving anything away, because this fact is glaringly obvious from the get-go. There is not much else I can tell you except for he is as enigmatic, if not more so than any of the characters.

Chris Merit. Oh boy, Chris Merit…I love him. I loathe him. No, I really love him, but I hate his mood swings, but that is what makes him interesting and real. The accomplished artist is confidently controlled when it comes to just about everything…everything except for Sara. He sets his sights on her right away and his dark and brooding persona draws her into his web.

I am not happy at all about the serious cliffhanger, but I am only mad because I am dying to know what happens next. If you love a good mystery that is sexy and exciting, then you have to read this first book in the INSIDE OUT trilogy, IF I WERE YOU – don’t be mad at me when you love it because I warned you the next book isn’t out until February 2013. Lisa Renee Jones, I beg you to write faster!


✳✳ Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews


___________________________________________________
If you like this type of book, you might enjoy one of these groups. Check us out!

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group


View all my reviews


BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment