Saturday, January 25, 2014

Review: Connected by @authorkimkarr

Connected (Connections, #1)Connected by Kim Karr
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description



WTF?!

HOLY CRAP! Did that just really happen? This epilogue has just totally blown this story apart. Cliffhanger is not a strong enough word.

Dahlia London has been crushed by loss more than once in her life and it seems as though she will never break free from the despair. Finally deciding to recover from the last blow and pull her life together, she runs into River Wilde, and their crazy connection from years before is still there. River, the lead singer of the popular band The Wilde Ones, has never forgotten about his one encounter with Dahlia and isn’t about to blow the chance fate serves him when she comes back into his life.

“When our bodies meet, my nervousness evaporates. I’m so close to him. I can smell his soapy, just-showered scent that I remember so well. I can feel his hard body, and as I look up, I see the smooth skin on his face, and my knees buckle beneath me. Goose bumps run up my arms and down my legs. Our collision has awakened something in me. Something I haven’t felt in a very long time. Desire.”

As a reader, it is amazing when the author can really pull you into the emotions of the character and Kim Karr does just that with Dahlia. I could feel her debilitating pain and despair and you can only hope that her story gets better. She has been served a crap hand in life and thanks to good friends she starts to pull herself through. Enter hot, sexy and talented River. (I imagined Adam Levine from Maroon 5 as River.) They met years ago for a brief encounter in a bar and have never forgot each other. Dahlia really doesn’t feel like she’s ready for romance, but she cannot deny the connection is still there. Once again, Kim Karr’s writing makes you feel the characters’ emotions. The chemistry was amazingly convincing.

Dahlia and River’s love scenes were something else. When I tell you Kim Karr can make feelings in a story tangible for the reader, I am also talking about the steamy sex scenes. Wow. Hop of the page and into your head kind of scenes.

CONNECTED has some of the most unbelievable twists and turns I have read in a story. My mind was blown by the end and couldn’t stop thinking, “Did that actually happen?” for days after I finished. I wish I could talk about the events more, but I can’t think of anything that won’t give you ideas and this is a story that deserves to reveal its own secrets.

Kim Karr did an excellent job combining a heartbreaking love story and fingernail-chewing suspense. CONNECTED is an amazing story that is the first in a series of three. I can’t wait to find out what happens next after that mind-blowing ending.


✳✳ Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.

✳✳ Reviewed on I Bookie Nookie Reviews by Tickled Pink for Book Ink



No comments:

Post a Comment