Sunday, July 31, 2011

Broken by Megan Hart

rating:  ★★★★★
recommended for those who enjoy romance without the fluff

review:  Megan Hart is a very emotional writer. When I pick up a book she has penned, I know many things before I even read the description. I know it will not be light and fluffy--I know it will probably not have a happy ending--i know there will be one or more tortured souls--I know there will be some smokin' hot sex--and finally, I know I am going to love it.

Broken is a heart wrenching story of a man and woman, very much in love. The man suffers a terrible accident that leaves him paralyzed from the neck down. Hart brought tears to my eyes as she describes the feelings the couple experiences--love-hate-jealousy-remorse-just to name a few. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it must be to have the person you love live with you and talk with you and physically be with you, but not able to really experience the life you live. How hard that must be for both parties involved.

Sadie needs an outlet, she needs someone to talk to and she finds her escape in Joe--a stranger who shares erotic stories of his one night stands with beautiful women. As Joe tells his stories, Sadie imagines herself as the women he speaks of.

Sometimes Hart surprises me with an unexpected ending. I thought Broken's ending was bittersweet. This was another emotional but fantastic book by Megan Hart.


BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment