Sunday, July 31, 2011

Beyond Eden by Kele Moon




rating:  ★★★★★
recommended for those who enjoy the dark side of romance, M/M, menage and BDSM

Review:

I want to start out by saying that I really loved this book. It wasn't your typical smut-tacular read. Now, don't get me wrong, it was packed full of deliciously hot, dirty hot and scary hot smut.

It was really tough for me to categorize this book...it's hard to explain the tone. The relationship between Evie-girl, Danny-boy and Paul-guy was not just a menage--no, it was way more complicated than that. I really hate giving away key plot details in a review, so it makes it more difficult. All I will say is that I can't remember reading a menage book where the characters involved in the menage have such distinctly different relationships--Eve & Paul, Eve & Danny, Paul & Danny and finally Eve, Danny & Paul. It was fascinating and frustrating, but not frustrating in a bad way--it frustrated me in a way that made me get sucked into the story even more! It would also be fair to say that I found it a little bit disturbing--but not in a way that turned me off and I would be hesitant to admit it turned me on.

I shelved this book as "smut not fluffy", because despite the fun looking cover, there was a lot of dark shit going on in this book. There were also a lot of fun and exciting situations the characters experienced. I felt like I was being told a story about the lives of these three very tortured and very interesting individuals. I felt it had a little bit of a Megan Hart kind of vibe to it.

If you are a fan of BDSM and like menage reads, then you should check this out. I will definitely read more by this author. I am looking forward to what she has in store for the future.





BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment