Thursday, September 5, 2013

Review: Desire Unleashed

Desire Unleashed by Layne Macadam
My Rating:  4 of 5 Stars

DESIRE UNLEASHED is a great start to a new series by author Layne Macadam that had everything I love in Contemporary Romance: a hot alpha man, the woman who tames him, and the chemistry that sparks between them.  Add to that some mystery, a group of sexy Navy SEALs, DESIRE UNLEASHED was an exciting read.

Shy school teacher Cathy moves next door to hunky Navy SEAL Shane and their attraction is instant.  However, while he’s looking for a roll in the hay, she’s looking for Prince Charming.  Unable to deny the attraction though, Shane decides to take their relationship to the next level.

What Cathy and Shane don’t realize is that there’s a creepy stalker who’d like to have Cathy for his own, and he won’t stop until he’s taken her for himself.  Shane does whatever is in his power to protect Cathy, all while he’s trying to deny his true feelings for her.

But when her stalker gets his hands on his prey, Shane may not realize what stands to lose with Cathy until it’s too late.

I have to admit that while I had read the description of this book, I was intrigued but I didn’t think I’d like the book nearly as much as I did.   I was drawn in by the cock-sure attitude of Shane.  He and Kathy were a perfect match for each other.  They were absolutely electric together.

The plot in DESIRED UNLEASHED perfectly blending romance and mystery.  And although I knew who the villain was pretty early on, I loved how everything unfolded.  I couldn’t put the book down because I had to know what was going to happen next.

My favorite part of DESIRE UNLEASHED was getting to know all of the Navy SEALS who worked with Shane.  I’m looking forward to seeing them get their own books.

My only complaint was the author often used British colloquialisms instead of American ones.  For example, one of the characters told an obscene caller not to “ring here anymore” instead of “call here”.  There were a couple of little things like that, and while not a big deal overall, it does rip me out of the story especially when the story is set in America and the characters are American.

Overall though, I thought this was an exciting novel and a strong start to a new romantic suspense series.  I can’t wait to read more by this author and look forward to see how the series develops.



✳✳ Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.

✳✳ Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews by Guest Reviewer, Sassafrass.




BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment