Monday, July 1, 2013

Review: The First Time

The First Time by Jenika Snow
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Combine the edge and language of a contemporary romance, a storyline based in the year 2135, and an arranged marriage that resembles historical romance novels and you will get THE FIRST TIME.

I really didn't know what to expect from this story other than I knew it was a short story and it had a lot of the ingredients I like in a romance, albeit usually in several very different books! I was really wondering how a virgin auction with purchased brides and a futuristic background would all come together, but I have to say Jenika Snow found a way to write a really creative concept and still maintain a steam factor that usually would be hard to come by in a first time experience like this one.

Veronica and Kristoff were both well-thought-out and well-written characters and I loved the amount of emotion the reader could sense from both of them. I normally find it hard to get into a romance in such a short time frame but I could really imagine these characters, their feelings, and reactions. I would love to see this story expanded into a full-length novel where the author is able to describe what the world is like in 2135, how virgin auctions came about, and to see what becomes of Veronica and Kristoff!

**Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.

**Reviewed by preppea on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews and The Romance Reviews.

The Romance Review

View all my reviews

BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment