Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Review: His Desire, Her Surrender

His Desire, Her Surrender by Malia Mallory
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It doesn’t take long for Tabitha and Marcus to pick up where they left off when they reunite on a conference table at Tabitha’s work!

Tabitha was heartbroken when Marcus left Hawaii without a backwards glance, so she’s understandably torn about opening back up when he storms back into her life. Not to mention her mixed feelings about the very different worlds they come from and how the two will commingle. But Marcus is not taking no for an answer and he has no problem shooting down her every last protest and showing her just how well they fit together.

I had mixed feelings with this sequel. On the one hand, I found it slow to start and hard to get invested in Tabitha and Marcus’ feelings. Also, in order to keep the story short, the conflicts with Marcus’ enemies were wrapped up a little too neatly. I think it really would have added to the depth and meat of the story to allow the reader to experience more of the investigation into the mole – discovering who was obtaining/leaking inside information and then later bringing the mole to justice. More importantly, I really wanted to see Marcus grovel a little bit when he realizes that he unjustly accused Tabitha of being involved. I think particularly since he was the Dom in this case, I expected a higher standard as far as him not jumping to conclusions and reacting on impulse – or at least being more remorseful when he realized he was wrong.

On the other hand, I thought the ending was superb and really picked up the pace both with action and sex appeal. I thought the club scene and the collaring were spot-on and a really great way to bring the story to an end. I hear the author is working on a 3rd book in this series and it will be interesting to see where she takes the story now that Tabitha and Marcus have made their relationship official.

**Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.

**Reviewed by preppea on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews.


View all my reviews

BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment