Monday, April 29, 2013

Review: One Step Too Far -->>$1.99 as of 4/29/13


One Step Too Far
One Step Too Far by Tina Seskis

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Sit up straight and pay attention! There’s a lot going on in ONE STEP TOO FAR and if you zone out for even a second, you could miss something crucial.

ONE STEP TOO FAR is a story of jealousy, greed, heartbreak and madness with a little bit of happiness thrown in for good measure. The manner in which the story is told can be confusing if you are not firing on all cylinders. Told from multiple points of view, the reader gains insight to all the players in this crazy game called Emily Coleman’s life and although it is beneficial, it was also a bit confusing at times.

Emily Coleman had a seemingly perfect life… until you meet her philandering father, self-absorbed twin sister and slightly off-balance mother. There’s more, but that would spoil the story! She’s lived with that nut-house-of-a-family forever and now she has a family of her own that really is fantastic and a great job, so, what makes her wake up one day and walk out on her life? That’s the focus of the whole story, so you will just have to read it to find out.

I really enjoyed the mystery behind the tale that was told, but I felt that there were a few holes in the plot that made me go… hmmm… One of the big questions I had was: Did her husband really look for her? I mean look for her like he really wanted to find her? I’m not so sure of that, but I am getting ahead of myself… Emily Coleman’s adventure into her new life as “Cat” was disconcerting, but interesting. I was disappointed in Emily/Cat’s lack of growth and personal development while living on the wild side, but then again maybe it was time for Emily to be a little selfish and not think too much about consequences and just live for the moment… I was also very disappointed by Emily’s attitude about her twin’s final fate – I don’t believe for a second that is how Emily’s character would have behaved, it lacked believability in my opinion. Despite the bumps, I was engrossed in the story.

Overall, ONE STEP TOO FAR was an enjoyable read and I found myself wondering what on earth could possibly happen next and to my delight, something usually happened that I wasn’t expecting!

New author, Tina Seskis just might be what you are in the mood for if you are looking for a good mysterious drama to keep you entertained. Check it out – I know I will definitely be checking out her other title, A SERPENTINE AFFAIR due out in the fall of 2013.

✳✳ Copy provided by the author/publisher via NetGalley for an honest review.

✳✳ Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

___________________________________________________
If you like this type of book, you might enjoy one of these groups. Check us out!

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group


View all my reviews


BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment