Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Review: Unravel Me

Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Perfection. That's what this series is - absolute perfection. The writing is smart and beautiful and poetic. And the guys? I've never wanted a character to split in half so bad as I do right now! There need to be two Juliettes - one who ends up with Adam and one who is with Warner. Because I can't imagine a world where Adam doesn't win the girl - every time he talks I end up in tears. But I am so terrified of what will happen to Warner if he doesn't get the girl. I could see Warner going so totally evil that it would be scary - and after seeing just a sliver of the deeply hidden Warner - I really want him to know that someone could love him too. OH Tahereh Mafi, what are you doing to me???

In UNRAVEL ME, Juliette is now safely hidden at Omega Point - a place where people like her with special abilities thrive - and where dreams of a brighter future for the world are alive and in process. Kenji helps Juliette embrace her abilities instead of hating them - as well as shows her that people will give her a chance if she only learns to open up. I don't remember thinking much of Kenji in book #1 but he is really fun in UNRAVEL ME.

At the same time, Adam learns something about his own ability that puts his life in jeopardy if he gets too close to Juliette. I have decided that Adam really is the PERFECT man - he is so passionately in love with Juliette - willing to do whatever it takes to be with her - and he speaks to her in such a way that you can't help but start highlighting, underlining, memorizing every word so later you can savour his words and his promises while you wait helplessly for book #3.

Then there's Warner. Oh Warner. I wanted to hate him in Shatter Me, I got to know him in Destroy Me, and now??? I can't help but want good things for him! As much as I NEED Adam and Juliette to end up together, I really don't want Warner to get hurt either! I have no idea what Tahereh Mafi is going to do - but whatever it is, it's going to take entirely too long for me to find out! I am desperate for book #3 (and the novella in between) and will be on pins and needles wondering what will happen. This series should probably be called Devour Me because that's what I feel like while reading it - I am devouring it, it is consuming me, its an all-around amazing series.

**Reviewed by preppea on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

View all my reviews

BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment