Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Review: The Prince

The Prince (The Selection, #0.5)The Prince by Kiera Cass
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Some things are all about timing... I probably shouldn't have read this right after reading the novella Destroy Me. Because I learned from that novella that no matter how short a novella is, it can matter - it can change things... THE PRINCE was fine - but it didn't really change much, other than maybe I like America a little less than I did before... I felt bad for Prince Maxon in this novella, like maybe America really was wasting his time, not to mention a spot that could be filled with his future wife. She was rude and not so appealing, despite what he said to the contrary. Other than that, it didn't really add anything material to the story.

I still have every intention of reading The Elite because I loved The Selection and am not going to let a short novella deter me. I just wasn't wowed the way I hoped to be. Even if its short - if you're saying its part of the story - it should add something, even if just the tiniest bit of insight into the characters. This just really didn't.

**Reviewed by preppea on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment