Sunday, March 31, 2013

Review: Immortal Protector

Immortal Protector (The Immortals, #1)Immortal Protector by Elizabeth Finn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Elizabeth Finn puts her own personal spin on the paranormal with her erotic new vampire series, The Immortals. Ingredients include a hot, domineering man; a shy, inexperienced girl; a bad guy; and her signature ingredient: hot, erotic bedroom scenes that leave you drooling.

Truman has been protecting Ember her entire life. In order to keep her safe, he has to wipe her brain of her memories after each encounter – but the feeling of safety, desire, and trust when she's around him remain even if her memories do not. After more than a decade of keeping his distance, Truman decides he'd rather meet her as a human and get to spend quality time together than return her memories only to have to wipe them again a day later. They spend a summer getting to know each other the traditional way and fall passionately in love with each other.

After a summer of watching Truman become even more consumed by his human than ever before, a vampire ruler decides enough is enough. He wants Truman to take his rightful place in the family and is willing to kill Ember to guarantee it gets done. When Ember permanently loses every memory she ever had of Truman, he has to figure out how to convince a woman who is terrified and bitter that she once loved him and could love him again, all while trying to keep the vampire community satisfied in the process.

Elizabeth Finn is an author I faithfully follow – if she wrote it, I want to read it! And while vampires are usually a surefire way to get me invested in a story, I felt like this one didn't pack quite the addictive punch that I've come to associate with anything Elizabeth Finn has written. It was almost like it had the formula I expected, but not the depth and feeling. That's not to say it wasn't good, it most definitely was; it just wasn't the same level of excellence as some of her other works (The Devil's Pawn, Restoring Jordan).

I would still recommend this to anyone who enjoys passionate love, hot sex, vampires, or all of the above – and from hints given at the end as to what is in store for book #2, it looks like the entire series will be delectable.

**Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.

**Reviewed by preppea on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews and The Romance Reviews.

The Romance Review

View all my reviews

2 comments:

Red Iza said...

OK, you got me, I added it to my list !

I ♥ Bookie Nookie said...

I need to read this one! Preppea has me intrigued too! I love it when an author puts a new spin on a genre that has been done a million times!

Post a Comment