Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Review: Beauty From Pain


Beauty From Pain
Beauty From Pain by Georgia Cates

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Typical… This is just so damn typical of my life in the reading world these days. Yes, I am referring to myself, not the book. BEAUTY FROM PAIN is a far from typical romantic story with a wonderfully unique premise. What’s typical then? I’ll tell you what’s typical, the lack of resolution…the dreaded cliffhanger that has my soul in knots wanting to know the rest of the story.

BEAUTY FROM PAIN is a beautifully written, all engrossing story that explores the journey of a relationship that begins as a no-string-attached fling but ultimately blossoms into something else entirely.

Laurelyn Prescott escapes her life as a musician in Nashville, with her best friend, to the “Land Down Under.” She is hoping that Australia will help mend her broken heart after suffering a nasty break-up and she plans to do this without the help of any man. That’s the plan, or at least it WAS the plan, until Mr. Secret Sexy-Man makes her an offer that’s almost too good to refuse… but she has to refuse, right? That’s when her spunky and carefree BFF steps in and speaks these awesome words of wisdom: “The best way to get over somebody is to get under someone else.” Well, I couldn’t have said it better myself!

Jack McLachlan is, by Laurelyn’s description, “hotter than the devil’s ass” and also happens to be a very successful owner of multiple vineyards across the South Pacific and Europe. Needless to say, he is a wanted man, but he has issues of his own that prevent him from opening his life and his heart to any woman. In order to protect himself from the complications (that he perceives) women bring to romantic relationships, he has devised a foolproof plan that has worked for several years – anonymous encounters lasting weeks or months, only promising to provide hot sex and the best life has to offer during their time together.

Pffft! Sexy smokin’ hottie + The time of my life = SOLD! Where do you want me? On my back or my knees – hell, I might even let a man like that strap me to a St. Andrews Cross, but, no worries, there’s no cross or crop to be seen in this novel.

BEAUTY FROM PAIN is chocked full of subtle humor, sexy characters and great one-liners. I even picked up my new favorite phrase “slut button” – Oh! I am soooo using that one again! This is far from being author Georgia Cates’ first book, but it’s a first for me by this author and you can bet a “roo’s ass” (love that) that I will be snatching up more of her work and stalking the release of the next book in the BEAUTY series.

**Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

______________________________________________________________________
If you like this type of book, you might enjoy one of these groups. Check us out!

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group


View all my reviews

BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment