Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Review: Stray (Shifters #1)


Stray
Stray by Rachel Vincent

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I really liked this book. I was a little nervous about reading it because it is so long and I have seen such mixed reviews about the series. Well, let me put it to you this way--it is 600+ pages and I read it in 2 nights.

Faythe is the daughter of an Alpha who is also the lead Alpha for all the US werecat territories. She is also one of only 8 unmated tabbies or females in the US. Of course, she is very valuable as there are probably hundreds of unmated males to their one. Faythe has 2 potential love interests, Jace and Marc--I am torn between the 2 they are both so likable. Based on the Alpha's opinion, I am pretty sure I know which one she will end up with in the end. Then again, she isn't really one to follow...

She is very independent--in fact, she has been away from the pride for 5 years attending college like any normal 20 something. Single tabbies are being kidnapped and her father forces her to come home for her safety. Being the feisty little wildcat that is her nature, she is determined to make her own decisions and run away. Wouldn't you know it! There is a little hitch in her plan and as the story unfolds, it is almost impossible to put it down.

I am looking forward to the next in the series. I thought this book had a great mix of action and pretty good amount of romance. As with most strong female protags, she can be a major pain in the arse because she is so intent on being "independent" (as her father pays her tuition, living expenses and phantom-like bodyguards 24-7) . It is like it is Faythe against the world even when she know in her mind it is not the best thing for her well being.

All in all a great read.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment