Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Review: Sinful


Sinful
Sinful by Charlotte Featherstone

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



To say that Matthew, Earl of Wallingford is a rakish, skirt-chasing scoundrel is the understatement of the century.

After chasing the wrong skirt -- seeking a celebratory shag, a most unfortunate incident lands him in the hospital for a prolonged period. During his stay, he falls for Jane, the...well, plain Jane nurse from the wrong side of town who care for and nurses him back to health. Once his health returns, the royal ass returns as well. Honestly, I really despised the handsome but snobby Earl--to say his disposition was prickly would be putting it mildly--at every opportunity, it seemed his mouth spewed venom.

It wasn't until the 2nd half of the book that I embraced the Jekyll and Hyde persona that was Matthew and Earl of Wallingford. Of-course, there is a reason for the way he is...several actually. There was some reference to one early on in the book...I think knowing something terrible happened to him is what saved me from going crazy!

At the end of the book, I felt that Jane settled for less than she deserved. I would encourage everyone who reads this book to read the free epilogue on Featherstone's website. Upon reading the epilogue, I felt the closure I needed and much better about the path Jane chose for her life.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment