- Contact Us - Review Policy
- Blog Tour Testimonials
- Blog Tours - Blogger Sign Up
- Panty Melting Hotness or Just Really, Really Good!
- Click Here for Free eBooks!!
- Erotic Terms - What's This Mean?
- Blog Tour Schedule: A Ghost of an Affair by Ellen March - Nov 24th - Dec 8th @Ms_ellen_march
- Blog Tour Schedule: Charleston Past Midnight by Christine Edwards - Oct 31st - Nov 14th
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Sinful by Charlotte Featherstone
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
To say that Matthew, Earl of Wallingford is a rakish, skirt-chasing scoundrel is the understatement of the century.
After chasing the wrong skirt -- seeking a celebratory shag, a most unfortunate incident lands him in the hospital for a prolonged period. During his stay, he falls for Jane, the...well, plain Jane nurse from the wrong side of town who care for and nurses him back to health. Once his health returns, the royal ass returns as well. Honestly, I really despised the handsome but snobby Earl--to say his disposition was prickly would be putting it mildly--at every opportunity, it seemed his mouth spewed venom.
It wasn't until the 2nd half of the book that I embraced the Jekyll and Hyde persona that was Matthew and Earl of Wallingford. Of-course, there is a reason for the way he is...several actually. There was some reference to one early on in the book...I think knowing something terrible happened to him is what saved me from going crazy!
At the end of the book, I felt that Jane settled for less than she deserved. I would encourage everyone who reads this book to read the free epilogue on Featherstone's website. Upon reading the epilogue, I felt the closure I needed and much better about the path Jane chose for her life.
View all my reviews
Posted by I ♥ Bookie Nookie at 6:45 PM