Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Review: Shadowfever


Shadowfever
Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



As with all the books in this series, I could have used a little more in the romance department...as to be expected in an UF book!

As for a review, well, it was really a fantastic series. I'm gonna have to give it 4 stars because the beginning dragged a little for me, but overall, it was great and the wrap up at the end tied the entire series together nicely. I am going to deviated from my typical review and I'm just going to kind of give my thoughts on the wrap up...

I loved that we saw a bit more emotional attachment on Barrons' part In this final installment of the Fever series...I really need that in order to feel fulfilled. And WOW! Has Mac really changed over the course of the series...I guess saving the world from the clutches of evil can really put things in to perspective for ya huh? I was a bit disappointed that V'laine turned out to be evil because Although I knew he was deceptive and a horny little sex fae, I thought there was some good within him and I liked him :-(. I also really, really hated that V'laine was one of the ones who raped Mac...uh! I hated that! Okay, what was the deal with Moning throwing in the highlanders for a guest appearance? I know she wanted to get in a shout out for her highlanders series, but I felt that it was awkward and I really didn't feel that it fit well with this series...

I may come back later and make this review a little more like a review rather than a stream of thoughts, but I'm not going to make any promises :-). These are my initial thoughts as I just finished it today, I'm gonna mull it over a bit.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment