Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2) by Chloe Neill

Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2)Friday Night Bites by Chloe Neill

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I really enjoy the characters in this series. As for the men in the series, you've got your brooding alphas, your token geek, the asshole father, the old flame...there are more, but you get the point.

In book 1, I was torn between Ethan & Morgan as the love interest for Merit. When Ethan basically gave Merit to Morgan, I was a little shocked to say the least, but then again, at that time, he still had his skanky little consort, Amanda to keep him warm at night. But when things went topsy-tervy at Navvare House and Morgan was named Master, I knew things were going to get interesting...or I thought they would. I thought the tension between the love triangle was a little weak, but still good. I knew things wouldn't last with Morgan--how could it with him being Master and Ethan being her Master? I have a feeling that we will see more of Morgan as a love interest--the men seem to have quite the infatuation with 'ole Mer--is this gonna be another Sookie thing and she will turn out to have a little fae in her blood? Anyhoo... I am hoping things heat up between Mer and Ethan in book 3.

There was a much bigger cliff hanger in this book than the first. There was a whole lot of cryptic talk going on there at the end when the shifter Alpha for North America, Gabriel was introduced. What was that about them practically being family? Is that because of her connection with Nick and the Breck family? Is he hoping for a reconciliation there? Hmm... Then of course, there is the cryptic invites she keeps getting--looks like we will find out what's up with that in the beginning of book 3.

Looking forward to seeing where this series is heading.



View all my reviews

BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment