Sunday, March 31, 2013

Review: Never Too Far


Never Too Far
Never Too Far by Abbi Glines

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



NEVER TOO FAR, the follow up novel to FALLEN TOO FAR was chocked full of drama and sweet sexy goodness, but if I am being honest here, these books could have totally been combined into one novel – but I DO get the author’s drive is to make more money… This is certainly one way to do it, but it loses a star because of it!

I read a lot. I read so much that it would be impossible to keep up with important detail like the fact that Rush is a hot, crazy-assed rich, recovering bad boy, okay, well, I might not forget those details, but you know what I mean. So, in order to remember important details that would inevitably fade from memory, I like to categorize them. There are a few shelves that are extremely tough for books to get on in my shelving system. They have to really earn the “title” and whoa baby, let me tell you… Rush works overtime to earn the title of “best dirty talk.” Now, I want you to go and peek at my shelves – notice how many books I have read? At least half (probably more) of those are erotic in nature, so I have read a lot of dirty talk but notice that my best dirty talker shelf only has seven books – see where I am going with this? But it’s not just about talking dirty, anyone can do that, the words have to speak to me. Ding! Ding! Ding! NEVER TOO FAR wins the honor of sporting my “best dirty talker” badge, not only does our bad-boy Rush wield a wicked tongue in the bedroom, our girl Blaire starts to master the dirty talk by the end of the book and I hold girl dirty talk to a higher standard – I know, not fair, but it’s true.

NEVER TOO FAR has a really great cast of characters – most of which we met in book 1. I love Bethy and her wild ways. She definitely adds some fun and excitement to Blaire’s life. Cain is a total doll and I hope he gets a book one day. Nan is a total bitch and I hate her, but you have to hate at least one character, right? I have my own suspicions about who Nan is banging behind the scenes, but I will keep that to myself for now. Grant is a sweetie and he deserves his happily ever after too! Then, there is Woods. Oh! I love him and I am super pumped about his book due out at the end of April – I am going to flip out if author Abbie Glines drags it out into 2 books… so annoying.

If you are a fan of the “new adult” genre, then what the hell are you waiting for? Get your arse in gear and get this book – but don’t say I didn’t warn you that you won’t be able to get anything done until you have finished both books! Enjoy!


✳✳ Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

___________________________________________________
If you like this type of book, you might enjoy one of these groups. Check us out!

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group


View all my reviews


BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

2 comments:

Red Iza said...

Good dirty talker ? You got me again, I added it to my TBR list...

I ♥ Bookie Nookie said...

Oh yeah! As I said, it is tough to win the "dirty talker" award with me! But WHEW! He got me :-). Don't forget to read FALLEN TOO FAR first...great series. Hope u like it.

Let me know what you think!

Post a Comment