Sunday, June 24, 2012

Review: Hushed


Hushed
Hushed by Kelley York

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



HUSHED is perplexing from the very beginning. I was very intrigued about the perverse path author Kelly York was leading me down. Though I was a little frightened, I was anxious to discover the ultimate destination of her masterfully crafted, wicked characters.

Talk about a super dark read! Wow! I really struggled with how I felt about the characters – loved ‘em and hated ‘em. Archer is the really whacked avenging angel...when I think about him, the age-old saying flashes in my brain: Two wrongs do not make a right – but I am not sure that he really had anyone in his life to teach him that. Viv is the ultimate puppet-master as she uses her skills of manipulation to play all those who surround her – she is a character readers love to hate though I mostly just hated her. Then there is the true victim, Evan – poor guy, I could see from the moment he entered the picture that he scarcely stood a chance in the middle of Archer and Viv.

The twisted elements peppered throughout the entire novel successfully kept me on the edge of my seat.

I really enjoyed it, but it’s definitely not a book meant for everyone. HUSHED is mostly a psychological thriller - I wouldn’t classify this as having many (if any) romantic elements. Read this one on a nice and sunny day in order to counteract the dark mood HUSHED is sure to force you into.




View all my reviews


BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment