Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Review: His Need, Her Desire

His Need, Her Desire by Malia Mallory
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Who wouldn’t want to be swept off their feet by a gorgeous billionaire in the most romantic location in the world? Tabitha experienced all that and more in Malia Mallory’s HIS NEED, HER DESIRE. As a reader, I found myself contemplating two main things as I read this quick, steamy read:

1) Why are hot vacation flings something I’ve only read about? I purposely studied abroad in college with the hope that something like Tabitha’s experience would happen to me and all I came back with was an A in Greek Mythology and 5 extra pounds from all the carbs I gorged on - boo…

2) Either Tabitha is a saint or I’m a horrible, selfish person – because I would have expressed more anger at being stood up for a movie date than Tabitha showed after finding out that the trip she’d scrimped and saved for months for would be spent alone because her friend had a mysterious family emergency that she didn’t bother to elaborate on. Hmm, now that I think about it, maybe my selfish tendencies are why I never experienced that fling – but I digress.

Tabitha makes plans to vacation in Hawaii with a childhood friend only to arrive and find out that her friend won’t be able to come and she’ll be paying for the vacation on her own. So Tabitha the saint decides to make the best of her situation and explore beautiful Hawaii by herself. She keeps seeing a gorgeous man named Marcus and one day finds herself stuck in a rip tide, only to be saved by the dreamy paddleboarder. Thus begins an affair filled with undeniable chemistry.

HIS NEED, HER DESIRE flows smoothly and is well written. The BDSM aspect is light – more of an introductory course since Tabitha has never experimented with it before. While the story is erotica in nature I didn’t find myself caught up in the heat or the romance thus the 3 star rating. However I found this short story enjoyable and a quick, light read – and I would certainly not have complained if I’d met Marcus on one of my vacations as a single girl.

**Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.

**Reviewed by preppea on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews.


View all my reviews

BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment