Monday, April 29, 2013

Review: Lover Awakened

Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Its official - just give me bad boys with a ton of issues and I'm pretty much smitten. I don't even know if my opinion can be considered unbiased at this point - before the book even started Zsadist had all the angst and dark secrets that I need in a male ?hero? to fall head over heels (and I don't want to know what that says about me).

The book starts out with Bella still in captivity by the obsessed lesser who abducted her in book 2. Everyone has pretty much given up hope that she could still be alive but Zsadist just won't let her go. And Bella is strong and smart and does everything in her power to make sure she's rescued.

Once Bella is safe, she is able to push Zsadist beyond his comfort zones because she's recovering from her own imprisonment/torture and he can't say no to her the way he usually would. Still, he's got so many repressed issues from being a blood slave/sexually abused that to get through his rough exterior Bella has to put her pride aside and throw herself at Zsadist time and again. This is where Bella proves why she deserves to be the only girl to break through the bad boy's walls - b/c I don't know many people who would have been able to ignore the rejections and push on - even when she didn't believe Zsadist liked her back. And sweet Zsadist, who I have a huge crush on now - his true strength is shown by his desire to overcome any obstacle to DESERVE Bella's love. This was an awesome continuation of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

"Do us both a favor and don't try to think for me, okay? Because you're going to get it wrong every damn time." With that, she marched into the bathroom and slammed the door. Zsadist blinked a couple of times. What the hell just happened? He looked around the room as if the furniture or maybe the drapes could help him out.


He knew he was being overbearing as hell, but he couldn't help it. He was a bonded male. With his pregnant female. There were few things on the planet more aggressive or dangerous. And those bastards were called hurricanes and tornadoes.


**Reviewed by preppea on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews


View all my reviews

BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment