Saturday, April 27, 2013

Review: Black Velvet



Black Velvet by Justus Roux

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Oh! I love it when I find a hidden little gem! This was one of those stories...no ratings on GoodReads AND an author with very few ratings in general. I really enjoyed this story, it was a great find!

What happens when a detective unknowingly falls for the thief she is tracking? Apparently, a whole lot of down and dirty naughtiness!

Jody is tough, she is a detective so she has to be, right? After being lied to and cheated on by her ex, she is determined to guard her heart at all costs. Her partner, fellow detctive, Linda is determined to bring a little fun and pleasure into Jody's life, so she starts by taking her to an upscale strip club and from there, uptight Jody is just a distant memory. Although I loved the story, I had to suspend reality a bit to get past a few developments in the story. For instance, now, let me see if i've got this right...Jody and Linda are police detectives...and they go to a strip club where the strippers are auctioned off every night for a price and apparently the best sex ever! Eeerrrrkkkk....WAIT! Isn't prostitution illegal? Hmmmmm...yes, I believe it is, but interestingly enough, this tid bit never comes up. Then, not trying to be the morality police here, but 2 wrongs don't make a right. Adonis was a big ole douche bag, but he had enough stuff on his rap sheet to put him in jail-- he didn't need Hunter's crimes pinned on him too. That makes me wonder how they will fare in the long run...she will always know in the back of her mind that he is a thief-- no matter what he was thieving for, doesn't make it right. Jody with a cops background and Hunter with a thief's background...if I were Jody, I would probably always wonder if Hunter is following the letter of the law.

Minus those couple of blips, I loved it. I thought it was a great story with a lot of hot scenes. Oh! And I totally loved Linda and Max's side love story...a little D/s, M/s, spanking...good stuff!

______________________________________________________________________
If you like this type of book, you might enjoy one of these groups. Check us out!

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic eBook Exchange




View all my reviews

BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment