Thursday, January 3, 2013

Review: One Night with a Hero

One Night with a Hero (The Hero, #2)One Night with a Hero by Laura Kaye
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

ONE NIGHT WITH A HERO is a heart-warming story of two people who've been hurt in the past that rise above it all to risk love with each other.

Brady Scott meets Joss Daniels when he's home on leave from the Army after letting his anger get the best of him. They both feel an immediate attraction and agree to one lust-filled night with no strings attached. This agreement becomes complicated when they realize the next day that they are actually next-door neighbors.

The beginning started off a bit one-dimensional for me, the situation just wasn't coming alive for me the way some books do. As I got further in though, I began to feel the story expand and gain depth and I could feel the walls of the townhome surround me as I pictured Joss and Brady together. Every once in a while, Brady gets a little alpha male, particularly during sex scenes, which I particularly appreciated. Near the end he does some amazing things that are beyond romantic, the kind of things only guys in love stories do, and I found myself tearing up and/or laughing out loud.

If you're looking for a light read with some internal battles followed by sweet romance and a happily-ever-after, this is your book.

**Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.

**Reviewed by Preppea on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews and The Romance Reviews.

The Romance Review


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment