- Contact Us - Review Policy
- Blog Tour Testimonials
- Blog Tours - Blogger Sign Up
- Panty Melting Hotness or Just Really, Really Good!
- Click Here for Free eBooks!!
- Erotic Terms - What's This Mean?
- Blog Tour Schedule: A Ghost of an Affair by Ellen March - Nov 24th - Dec 8th @Ms_ellen_march
- Blog Tour Schedule: Charleston Past Midnight by Christine Edwards - Oct 31st - Nov 14th
Friday, September 28, 2012
Review: Gone Girl
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
GONE GIRL was slow to get going - it really started to pick up about half way through the book. I had lots of theories about what was going on and one actually turned out to be correct. I enjoyed it, but got a little bored with the story and just wanted to get to the end so I could find out what really happened.
This psychological thriller had a lot of twists and turns and definitely proved the old adage "there are two sides to every story and then there's the truth," to be correct.
GONE GIRL chronicles the life of a couple who have been married for 5 years - life is not peachy in their world. The story is told in real time from the husband's perspective and through a diary of the missing wife. I felt like I was reading a story ripped from the headlines - husband and wife have issues and the wife goes missing then the husband is a prime suspect in her possible murder. I will have to say that I was not pleased with how it ended - not at all.
For those of you who follow my reviews, this is not a typical read for me - dark, yes - erotic, no. If you are looking for a mystery with a good story, then you should check this one out.
View all my reviews
BUY IT NOW! - Amazon
Posted by I ♥ Bookie Nookie at 8:14 AM