Saturday, August 18, 2012

Review: Cross-Checked


Cross-Checked
Cross-Checked by Lily Harlem

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Snagging a gold medal in the Olympics for long-distance cycling was a piece of cake for Carly, taming the bad-boy hockey player, Brick, another story entirely – or is it?

CROSS-CHECKED is told from Olympic Gold Medalist, Carly Flannigan’s point of view, so we get a really good sense of how she is feeling about being the object of Brick’s desires. I would have expected Carly to be super confident, but she proves that even world-class Olympians succumb to the occasional case of self-doubt when members of the other sex are involved. Although her lack of confidence in the love department was sometimes annoying, it made seem and less like a character in an erotic romance and more realistic, like a real woman might behave when falling in love.

Brick brings every bit of the alpha-maleness you would expect from a hot and sexy hockey player. Honestly, I almost skipped this book because I hated him in HIRED (HOT ICE, #1), but I sure am glad I didn’t! He is bossy in that kinky, bad-boy way that lets you know he is dirty to the core…dirty talker…dirty sex…dirty HOT!

Lily Harlem brought exactly what I have come to expect from her – a great cast of characters and a deliciously erotic romance. If that’s what you are looking for, then CROSS-CHECKED just might be the book for you!


**Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews and The Romance Reviews

✳✳ Copy provide by the author/publisher for an honest review.


View all my reviews

BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment