Saturday, August 6, 2011

Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid #1) by Richelle Mead ...A MOVIE in the works???

The Georgina Kincaid series is one of my favorites! LOVE IT! How did I not know a possible movie is in the works? This is monumental. Wow! Does anyone know anything about it?

If you are not familiar with the series, here is the blurb:

Succubus. An alluring, shape-shifting demon who seduces and pleasures mortal men. Pathetic. A succubus with great shoes and no social life. See: Georgina Kincaid.

When it comes to jobs in hell, being a succubus seems pretty glamorous. A girl can be anything she wants, the wardrobe is killer, and mortal men will do anything just for a touch. Granted, they often pay with their souls, but why get technical?

But Seattle succubus Georgina Kincaid's life is far less exotic. Her boss is a middle-management demon with a thing for John Cusack movies. Her immortal best friends haven't stopped teasing her about the time she shape-shifted into the Demon Goddess getup complete with whip and wings. And she can't have a decent date without sucking away part of the guy's life. At least there's her day job at a local bookstore--free books; all the white chocolate mochas she can drink; and easy access to bestselling, sexy writer, Seth Mortensen, aka He Whom She Would Give Anything to Touch but Can't.

But dreaming about Seth will have to wait. Something wicked is at work in Seattle's demon underground. And for once, all of her hot charms and drop-dead one-liners won't help because Georgina's about to discover there are some creatures out there that both heaven and hell want to deny...

My review of book 1:

Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1)Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

If the first book is indicative of the series, I am gonna venture to say that this will probably be on my favorites list by the time I am finished. Not only is there a little romance, a little tension, some action; but there is a whole lot of humor. Georgina and the gang are full of witty one liners and deadpan jokes...I was totally laughing out loud (so much so, that my husband made me go in the other room).

The plot is great...different from other UF/PNR I have been reading lately. I was a nice change of pace. I love/hate the torturous situation Georgina is in as a Succubus--she can't have a relationship with mortals b/c she sucks their life force out. On the other hand, she doesn't date other immortals b/c of the "work place politics" of that...I guess interoffice relationships are frowned upon in hell too. So she has a bevy of men falling at her feet--2 of which she is actually interested in but keeps pushing them away b/c she genuinely likes them and doesn't want to kill them. Now, that's mighty nice of her.

I don't want to ruin the story for those of you who haven't read it, but all I have to say is: as soon as "he" entered the story, I KNEW IT! I knew how it would all turn out--I didn't mind the predictability of it though. I thoroughly enjoyed the journey and I am so glad she was able to relieve some of her pent up tension in the end...with someone she actually wanted to hook up with.



View all my reviews

The movie trailer I stumbled across:


No comments:

Post a Comment