Saturday, May 4, 2013

Review: Sacred Revelations


Sacred Revelations
Sacred Revelations by Roxy Harte

My rating: 4 of 5 stars




SACRED REVELATIONS is the second installment in the CHRONICLES OF SURRENDER series.  To achieve the maximum effect of this book, you must read the first book in the series to really grasp where the characters are coming from.  This is not a fluffy erotic BDSM series, so, if that is what you are looking for, then you should look elsewhere because you will not find any fluffy little romance on the pages of these books. This is an emotional trip that revolves around three main characters and how they find comfort in living a BDSM lifestyle.

I am so intrigued by these characters and their involvement in this lifestyle. Although I do not understand where their head is--especially with the S&M aspects, I can appreciate that they are doing what makes them function and feel whole. They make no excuses to the outside world for living the life they lead. I really enjoyed the progression of the characters and the story has definitely taken a turn that I did not foresee and I really like where it is going. I just wonder how long their arrangement is going to last?

In the third book, I am hoping for Kitten to quit being so needy. Seriously, she is really like a five-year-old at times. A few times I wished I was there and I would have beat her ass with the birch myself...then again, Garrett did create this neediness in her by making her a slave 24/7 in book #1. He feeds her by hand, she drinks from his mouth--her world revolves around him in book 1. Then at the beginning of this book, her world revolves around Thomas. This codependence is a little strange now with the most recent developments. In this installment, Garrett's persona devolved into a weak character that I scarcely recognized.  I felt that his display of mental instability was a little out of the blue, but I felt drawn to him nonetheless.  I hope he toughens up for future installments.

I am looking forward to book 3, despite the book's description. It is sounding a tad bit outlandish, but we'll see where it goes.  This is a great series for those who love the darker emotional side of BDSM culture themed books.



✳✳ Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

___________________________________________________
If you like this type of book, you might enjoy one of these groups. Check us out!

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group


View all my reviews

BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment