Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Review: Dare You To

Dare You To by Katie McGarry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Katie McGarry has done it again – DARE YOU TO is an amazing combination of tearjerker and uplifiting love story. She writes characters that are so broken inside – then gives them the perfect match to build them up and help them be a better them.

After reading PUSHING THE LIMITS, I couldn’t imagine a Beth story that didn’t have Isaiah as the love interest – but a few chapters into DARE YOU TO I and I wanted no one but Ryan for her. He was the perfect compliment to her and just what she needed to bring her out from under the chains that held her down.

One of my many favorite things about Katie McGarry’s stories is that she gives characters obstacles that even the reader can’t see an easy way out of. In PUSHING THE LIMITS, that obstacle was Noah’s brothers and in DARE YOU TO, its Beth’s mom. Both times I rooted for the main characters while sometimes feeling as hopeless as they did. Then when you’re almost at rock bottom, Katie McGarry finds a way to save it all. DARE YOU TO is an incredible young adult love story and I can’t wait to read Isaiah’s story next in CRASH INTO YOU.

**Reviewed by preppea on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews.


View all my reviews

BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment