Sunday, March 17, 2013

Review: Scandalous


Scandalous
Scandalous by H.M. Ward

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



SCANDALOUS started out with a bang, but fizzled out as the story continued while failing to progress at a satisfying rate.

I really like the idea behind the story, but I had a really tough time relating to Abby’s character. There was something about the story that I can’t quite put my finger on that rubbed me the wrong way – I don’t think it was the religious aspect, I have read plenty of books where the righteous fall firmly into the evil clutches of the Devil.

Kudos to the author for turning the virginal nun into a horny, sex-goddess – dirty, I like it – you definitely win points for that unique angle ☺ I would like for Abby to have been a stronger character. I felt like she had no backbone – a puppet for the church, a puppet for Jack and just when I think she has regained her wits, she shocks me with her stupidity.

If contemporary romance about forbidden love is your bag, then this might be just what you are looking for!

✳✳ Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

___________________________________________________
If you like this type of book, you might enjoy one of these groups. Check us out!

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment