Saturday, March 9, 2013

Review: Forsaken


Forsaken
Forsaken by Bec Botefuhr

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I was super excited about reading FORSAKEN to get the skinny on super hot relationship dynamics between Maya, Ryder and Nate and it started off with a bang!

I was very pleased with how the dynamics between the trio morphed, but I won’t say how ;-) Relax, no ménage, but just as fulfilling!

I couldn’t help but feel that the second half of the book was like a race to the finish – with too much happening and all the conflicts resolving at warp speed… It really diminished my initial feelings about the story as a whole. The timeline was difficult to follow towards the end as it was progressing at a much faster pace than the beginning of the book – not sure if there was a max word count or just a rush to meet a deadline, but the rating will unfortunately suffer with the ending as it is. With a little expansion, I would easily give this book a 4 or maybe even a 5 star rating, but as it stands, it’s a solid 3.

I also felt that there were a few plot holes that bothered me. The main hole I just couldn’t get past was: Nate almost died, was in a coma, 2 broken legs, broken collarbone, broken arms, broken ribs…if I am not mistaken. BUT then like 3 weeks later, he was miraculously trotting around the house - running out to the pool to dangle his feet in the water as he pouted about Maya & Ryder’s big news? Hello? That is something that definitely needs attention! If I am wrong about the time frame, then that timeframe needs clarification.

Although I like the author’s writing style, the two works I have read are in dire need of an editor or at the very least some experienced beta readers to help with missing/wrong words, grammar and punctuation. Again, the second half seemed to suffer more that the first half. For instance if you are using “my mother” in a sentence, mother should not be capitalized unless it is replacing the mother’s name – maybe that rule is different with British English? That just about drove me nuts! Also the constant mix up of words like: doing/going, to/too/two… the list goes on.

I loved the story and characters enough to give this one another read if it is ever expanded. Author Bec Botefuhr definitely has a gift when it comes to creating sexy and desirable characters and I will definitely read more of her work!


✳✳ Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

___________________________________________________
If you like this type of book, you might enjoy one of these groups. Check us out!

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group





View all my reviews

BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment