Friday, August 5, 2011

Mona Lisa Awakening (Monère: Children of the Moon, #1) by Sunny

Mona Lisa Awakening (Monère: Children of the Moon, #1)Mona Lisa Awakening by Sunny

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This was another one of those books that sat on my "to read" shelf forever--I kept putting it off for one reason or another...I think that the description of the book on the cover doesn't do the book justice.

When I read the cover, I was thinking--hmmm, children of the moon--that sounds stupid. Without giving anything away, being one of the "children of the moon" really just means you bask or rejuvenate your body in the moon light when it is a full moon. Sunny does a great job of creating her own version of vampires, shifters and demons.

Mona Lisa knows nothing of her heritage and is living as a lonely single woman amongst humans. She has never felt any sort of emotional connection with any human male and has no idea what it feels like to experience the joys of a relationship the couples share. Then, one night she comes in contact with an injured Monere warrior at the ER-where she works and from there, her world is forever changed as she feels like she has never felt before.

Although I would not classify this book as erotic, there are explicit sexual situations, as well as action and violence. So, if you have an aversion to that type of content, please be advised. I personally did not think this series was any more violent than others I have read, but several people I recommended it to commented on the violence. :-)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment