Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Review: The Playmaker


The Playmaker
The Playmaker by Dakota Madison

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



What can I say? I’m a sucker for the sweet stuff. Taylor and Kian are almost sickly sweet and I want more of it!

THE PLAYMAKER is Taylor and Kian’s story continued. Kian is now playing in the NHL for Seattle while Taylor is in Arizona finishing up her undergraduate degree and making plans to pursue her PhD. The distance is proving to be too much for them to handle. Kian cannot overcome the need to protect Taylor and Taylor has only really felt safe with Kian near. The looming threat against Taylor makes their situation more unbearable and then the threat becomes reality. Now broken once more, Taylor has to figure out how to pull the pieces back together and decide whether or not to let Kian be there to help.

Taylor cannot seem to catch a break. This girl has been to hell and back - and then hell and back again. Kian seems too perfect and never messes up, which is obviously a little far-fetched, but if anyone deserves her prince charming it’s Taylor. The trauma Taylor endures is gut wrenching and life changing.

“Perhaps this time I was damaged beyond repair. I wasn’t sure Kian knew what he was actually getting when he said he loved me. I know he loved the Taylor I once was. I had no idea what he’d think about the fractured desolate Taylor I had become.”

I felt her pain and although the situation is horrid, Dakota Madison artfully describes the attack to convey the emotional drama. Kian wants to fix her and protect her, but I loved that Taylor works to fix herself. She becomes the ultimate heroine in this sweet yet heartbreaking new adult romance. I wanted to scream a “Hells yeah!” for Taylor. This is a truly a story about survival, becoming a better you out of pain and letting yourself trust love will be there for you no matter what.

THE PLAYMAKER is written in a way that fully immerses the reader in the deeply distressing circumstances Taylor is experiencing while staying true to the new adult genre style I’ve come to expect. I feel is it perfectly written for the target audience. I was truly affected by the story and still got the heat and romance, which in my opinion, is a great literary combo. As with PLAYING WITH FIRE, I had a hard time putting down this sequel. Dakota Madison fully delivers on part two of Kian and Taylor’s story. I seriously suggest you read PLAYING WITH FIRE (FIRE ON ICE #1) first if THE PLAYMAKER sounds like something you’d like to read. I can’t see fully understanding the characters in THE PLAYMAKER without reading the first novel in the series, but you won’t regret it.


✳✳ Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.

✳✳ Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews by Tickled Pink for Book Ink


BUY IT NOW! - Amazon



No comments:

Post a Comment