Sunday, May 5, 2013

Review: Laid Bare


Laid Bare
Laid Bare by Lauren Dane

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



LAID BARE had me hooked from the word "go." From the second I started reading this book I couldn't put it down! Needless to say, it’s a winner!

Erin's personality certainly was dynamic and unforgettable. I loved that she was the sexual aggressor in her initial experience with Todd. So many erotic reads paint the heroine as a meek and mild little kitten, mewling in the corner hoping for some attention - that is certainly not Erin, she can never be accused of being a "wallflower!" I did however, NOT enjoy Todd's resistance to his "kink." Todd was in a constant state of denial about his sexual desires and this, was of-course, the downfall of their relationship.

I must admit, I had to suspend reality for a moment when it was divulged (THIS IS NOT A SPOILER) that Erin experienced a major tragedy and Todd never knew it... Ummm... she is a freaking ROCK STAR! How could she possibly have had this major event happen without Todd knowing? Yeah, right! I'm not buying that for a second!

Despite that minor hole in the plot, it was a hot read and the main storyline was engrossing enough for me to over look that deficiency. Once Erin and Todd embraced their relationship and then Ben entered the fold -- that is when the story really came together for me. Ben brought a definitive balance to their relationship... His addition was appealing on a mental and sexual level to both Erin and Todd. Great read! I can't wait to read the next one, Coming Undone...

Lovers of contemporary romance will love this if you are open to reading about characters exploring their sexuality and the benefits of living in a menage relationship ;-)


✳✳ Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

___________________________________________________
If you like this type of book, you might enjoy one of these groups. Check us out!

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group


View all my reviews


BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment