Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Review: Devoured


Devoured
Devoured by Emily Snow

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



DEVOURED was an entertaining read with all the elements I tend to like in a romantic story - boy meets girl, offends her and reappears in her life years later - boy wants girl and girl wants boy, but she is protecting her heart from a repeat of humiliation and hurt - boy is a rockstar... Did I forget to mention that? Oh yes, he is a Rock God and is used to getting what he wants, so he devises a plan to claim her as his own. Sounds like a great read, right?

Well... yes and no. I loved it, but felt that their relationship should have progressed so much more than it did. The characters seemed to get stuck in a tug-of-war with each others heart strings and I got a little bored with their indecisive behavior. Then there is the dreaded cliff-hanger that is ever so popular these days... well, not so much a cliff-hanger as an ending with no resolution. I kind of felt like it just stopped, so I was left very unsatisfied with how things played out. I will definitely be reading the next book in the series to hopefully discover what fate has in store for these characters.

**NOTE: I was informed by another reader that there is a prequel that tells how their story began and I have heard that it is a must read that will rekindle the excitement regarding the romance surrounding this couple. The novella/story is currently FREE on Amazon (2/19/13) and is called [b:All Over You|16161536|All Over You (Devoured, #0.5)|Emily Snow|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1353434576s/16161536.jpg|22003364]. Enjoy!

**Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

______________________________________________________________________
If you like this type of book, you might enjoy one of these groups. Check us out!

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group




View all my reviews


BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment