Saturday, November 19, 2011

Jet Lag Blues by Solara Gordon

Jet Lag BluesJet Lag Blues by Solara Gordon

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Who would have thought a routine business trip would turn into such a life changing experience? Certainly not friends and co-workers, Darryl, Mason and Val. Working for a mid-sized airline flying the Pacific Northwest, they must plan for the possibility of being grounded due to erratic weather. Thinking this trip would be business as usual, imagine their surprise when an impending snowstorm leaves them stranded in Spokane.

The story really begins when the 3 friends discover there is only one room available in the city and it only has a king sized bed...for the three of them. Though they are friends, Val and Darryl are in a relationship, so, of-course Mason feels like a third wheel, who wouldn't?

I couldn't have been more excited to read about 3 hot friends being forced into a sleeping arrangement that was bound to get them into some steamy situations. Val's character set my nerves on edge with her neediness from the get-go. When the first sentence started out painting a picture of her pouty expression followed by the tears that "pooled in her eyes" just a few short paragraphs later, I was confused at her emotional outburst. It just didn't make sense to me. I can understand being upset about being stuck in a city that's not your own, but crying? What in the world was she crying about? In her line of work, this this can't be the first time this has happened. She is "stuck" with two handsome men who both have the hots for her...I mean, geez...it could be worse!

Aside from Val's emotional status, the pace at which the threesome's relationship transpired was just too quick for me. There was very little time for character development and I just didn't feel like I knew them well enough. I would have liked to have seen a little more tentative flirtation as opposed to the bottle rocket speed the three of them went from friends to lovers. It just wasn't believable to me.

I love menage books. Menage is my favorite sub-genre of erotica, so I am used to escalated plots and fast pace in which characters move from friends to lovers, but this one was just missing something. I really, really wanted to love this book. It had all the makings of a great sexy read, but in the end, it fell flat and left me longing for a more.



**Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews and The Romance Reviews.



The Romance Review



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment