Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hot Head (Head #1) by Damon Suede


rating:  ★★★★★
recommended for those who are considering dipping into the M/M genre but have been timid about taking the plunge.

review:  I really loved this book...being my first m/m book I was very pleasantly surprised and I was very glad not to have to endure the unaccepting aspect. I was really dreading that part of the story--I thought for sure we would have to deal with haters in the fire department and haters in the Italian community and when we didn't, I was so relieved! I didn't feel as though I was cheated out of any drama by not having that be a part of the story. I feel like the point regarding discrimination was made thru Tommy's experience.

Of course, I can't imagine Dante's parents turning any of their children away for any reason... I thought it was a beautiful and well written story. I also think this is a great first time m/m read - at least it was for me. Of course m/m isn't exactly foreign to me since I read menage, but this was my first that didn't have any lovely ladies in the mix and I didn't miss the ladies at all ;-) I mean, how could you possibly miss the ladies with the beautiful men in the story?


BUY IT NOW! - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment